Canterbury landlords, here are six reasons why you should make Leydon Lettings Agency your first choice Canterbury student lettings agency when renting your student accommodation.
1. We advertise your house
- Leydon Lettings Agency will advertise your property on this website. Your property will be allocated a unique section of its own, showing everything there is to know about your house.
- Your property will feature on popular portal websites which may include some or all of the following: Zoopla, Accommodation for Students, Right Move, Homes for Students and Easy Roommate.
- Your property will be displayed in one or both of our Canterbury city centre shop windows.
- Our staff will promote your student house at university accommodation fayres, as well as on social media pages like Facebook and Twitter.
Until 2015 over half of all properties have consistently rented at least seven months prior to the tenancy start date.
2. We find great tenants
- Finding great tenants is never guaranteed, but Leydon Lettings Agency seek to improve your prospects of success with best practices.
- Student tenants who start viewing early in the letting season tend to be more organised and therefore more reliable – for this reason Leydon Lettings Agency seek early viewers.
3. We vet tenants and parental guarantors
- All applicants are credit checked and referenced.
- Student tenants are required to provide a UK-based guarantor who is also credit checked and referenced as students tend to have limited financial, work or lettings history.
- Any student tenant unable to provide a guarantor will be asked to pay their annual rent in advance (with the landlord’s consent).
4. We help landlords optimise rents
With 29 years’ experience as a Canterbury student lettings agency, Leydon Lettings Agency offer advice on how to optimise rental income by implementing improvements to the property. Landlords acting on our advice may receive more rent, even after management fees.
5. We provide same day maintenance – protecting tenant safety and landlord liberty!
- Leydon Lettings Agency will organise repairs in accordance with any prior agreement with the landlord.
- Landlords have a duty to maintain their property to a fit state (Section 11 of The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985).
- We advise landlords on their responsibilities to enable them to protect their tenants and comply with the law.
6. We assist in property renovation consultancy
Bob Leydon, former director of a building company, has used his many years of experience to renovate his own properties to the highest standards. Leydon Lettings Agency, having overseen numerous renovations, can guide landlords through the complexities of renovating within their budget and time frame as well as advising on Building Control applications.
Leydon Lettings Agency will always avoid conflicts of interest by acting with integrity.
As a leading Canterbury student lettings agency, Leydon Lettings Agency keep Canterbury landlords up to date with any information relevant to the tenancy and, where required, seek approval before acting on instructions.
Contact us today on 01227 713 913, email email@example.com or visit our contact page for more details.