Bob Leydon is a nationally accredited and licensed landlord, a property investor/developer and owner of Leydon Letting Agents.
2018 marks 50 years of Bob Leydon working in the property industry. Therefore, you can be sure your property is in the safest hands.
- Bob Leydon is an accredited member of the National Landlord’s Association (NLA), a member of UKALA (United Kingdom Association of Letting Agents (UKALA), a member of The Residential Landlord’s Association (RLA), a member of Association of Residential Lettings Agents (ARLA Propertymark) and has been awarded the Level 3 National Federation of Property Professionals Technical Award in Residential Letting and Property Management (NFoPP).
- Letting legislation regularly changes. Leydon Letting Agents keep abreast of these changes through continued professional development (CPD), in order to ensure compliance of our landlord clients.
- Leydon Letting Agents attend the twice yearly NLA landlord meetings at UKC, organised by NLA and attended by landlords, local councillors, the students union, Homestamp, resident associations and other interested parties, annual seminars at the Landlord and Property Letting and Investment shows as well as NLA and SLA branch meetings.
- Bob Leydon successfully completed exams in part one of a two year practical legal training course set by the Institute of Legal Executives and was awarded “Student of the year” in the final year and is now regularly consulted on property matters.
Some things to be aware of
- Mandatory licensing as well as planning permission to let to seven or more students.
- There have been recent changes affecting the timescale for registering deposits and the provision of EPCs.
- Article 4 Direction is currently being debated which could curtail the number of student houses in Canterbury. Additional Licensing is also under discussion which will cost £470.00 per property in the first year, allegedly to control behaviour of HMOs.
- The Canterbury Landlords Forum is seeking to address resident and landlord concerns whilst addressing implementation of regulation.
Contact us today on 01227 713 913, email or visit our contact page for more details.