- Any landlord or agent must be registered if they retain potentially sensitive information.
- In addition landlords have a duty to protect information and their tenants by following data protection rules.
- Landlords and tenants:
Disclosing information about tenants
- This is a good practice note answering some frequently asked questions from landlords about :
- How the Data Protection Act applies to them.
- The information they hold about their tenants,
- Information held on their behalf by a letting agent.